Monday, August 30, 2010

Emmy's Best and Worst Dressed List


Hi!

While I of course loved the opening Glee-inspired intro, as well as Modern Family's win, the best part about the Emmy's always will be the fashion. While there were many hits this year, there also were many misses that actually made me wish I had a blindfold (seriously).

Here is my list of the best and worst starlets:

Best Dressed

Lea Michelle. While navy was the color of the evening, the Glee songstress looked stunning in her floor-length Oscar de la Renta gown. While she didn't win an award, she definitely was a winner in my book. (She also made me even more excited for the next season of Glee!) P.S. Tina Fey also rocked it in her Oscar de la Renta gown.


Kim Kardashian. Kim is always naturally gorgeous, but the exotic beauty looked even more stunning than usual in her white Marchesa gown. I couldn't stop staring at the Grecian Goddess.

Claire Danes. I always die for sparkles, so Claire Danes' Armani Prive gown had to make my list. So simple, yet so over-the-top = pure genius.

Sofia Vergara. Sofia could basically wear anything and be drop-dead beautiful, but her Carolina Herrera gown made her truly look like the television star that she is. I also am obsessed with how she rolled the "r's" in the designer's name.

Jane Lynch. This Glee star (and winner!) looked so gorgeous and classic in her Ali Rahimi gown. I died.

Kyra Sedgwick. Sorry, I had to add one more- Way to go Kevin Bacon, your wife looked beyond elegant and chic in her Monique Lhuiller gown. Amazing.



Worst Dressed

Mindy Kaling. AHHHHHHH! What the hell is that, Mindy?! This The Office star needs to leave the 80s behind.

January Jones. While I appreciate the Mad Men star's bold fashion choice. I could not get passed the Madonna-inspired cone-shapped boobs. Her messy, "natural" looking hair also did not match the drama of the Atelier Versace gown.

Jewel. While the singer's performance was very moving, I wish she would've moved off the red carpet in her southern, lace, prom, 80's dress, thing. No thanks. Plus...the bow was crooked!!

Anna Paquin. While I adore and respect McQueen, Anna's gown just did not work for me. It didn't fit her right, and made her look too much like a warrior (and less like a vampire).

Lauren Graham. Lauren's black and white Yigal Azrouel gown literally looked like a bunch of rags thrown on a body. No thanks.


I hope everyone enjoyed the Emmy's as much as I did...I can't wait to commentary on the next award's show. Stay tuned!:)

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment